Vacation Rentals in Amsterdam - Our Insider Tips
Shop at the market during the day - cook and enjoy together in the evening. A private apartment in Amsterdam has many advantages. We present our favorite vacation rentals and tell you what you should consider.
Feel at home while traveling - Vacation apartment in an old canal house
When it comes to vacation apartments, location and equipment are very important. It's a shame if you have to take the train for an hour after a busy day or wash the dishes by hand.
Tip - Free cancellation, huge selection and reasonable prices
We present our favorite apartments where everything is perfect. In addition, we reveal what else you should look for when booking and how you can find the perfect accommodation for your city trip.
- Our favorite vacation homes - Insider tips for Amsterdam
- Handy tips from a pro - Things to consider when booking
- All apartments on one map - Where would you like to stay?
Live like an Amsterdammer for a few days: lots of green and the canals right in front of your door. For a nice apartment in a good location you should calculate at least $900 per week or $40 per night and per person.
Canal Suite - Lovely Apartment for Two Persons
This little gem is located on the Amstel River, right in the center of Amsterdam. So you can just stroll and explore the historic old town with its narrow streets and crooked houses.
Cozy Canal Suite apartment in the city center
The Canal Suite is tastefully decorated and located in a charming Amsterdam canal house - a retreat in the middle of the canal belt. Simply perfect for a relaxing city break.
Quiet and central - Canal Suite apartment with garden view
Just a few meters from your front door, the historic Blauwbrug crosses the Amstel River. In the surrounding area you will find supermarkets, small stores with specialties and charming cafes with a view of the canal.
Especially because everything is within walking distance and the hosts are so friendly and helpful, we can fully recommend this vacation apartment.
Amstel 35-1, 1011 PT Amsterdam
Show on map
Cityden - Big & Bright in the Museum District
Cityden's spacious apartments are located in one of Amsterdam's most popular neighborhoods: the Museum Quarter, with its many wonderful museums and historical flair.
Bright and perfectly equipped - Residences Rijksmuseum by Cityden
Large living space and convenient facilities - The apartments at the Rijksmuseum are best suited for families or small groups.
An oasis in the city - apartment with terrace, balcony or garden
This hideaway leaves nothing to be desired. Each apartment is equipped with a large living room and a bathroom with rain shower. Some of the apartments offer a private terrace or even a small garden.
You decide: Balcony, terrace or garden?
From your apartment you can reach the famous Museum Square with the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum in less than 10 minutes. The pub and restaurant mile at Leidseplein is only 15 minutes away. The nearby Vondelpark offers relaxation and recovery from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Excellent facilities and a first-class location make the Cityden apartments at the Rijksmuseum an absolute recommendation for families and small groups.
Quellijnstraat, 1072 XW Amsterdam
Show on map
Apartment on a Houseboat - Typically Amsterdam
Your eyes wander across the water: a boat glides by and the skipper waves at you - pure Amsterdam feeling. Sounds like a dream? For many it is and with this holiday apartment it will come true for you.
Private vacation apartment on a houseboat
In this apartment you have the opportunity to experience the life on a houseboat at a fair price. This is possible because this boat has space for two apartments for two people each.
Brilliant view - houseboat for 2 persons at a fair price
The cozy rooms are equipped with all amenities: toiletries, microwave, coffee maker and electric kettle. The location is super quiet and relaxing. Nevertheless, everything is within walking distance. Just around the corner you'll find some markets, cafes and restaurants.
Tip - Lively neighborhood "De Pijp"
The trendy district "De Pijp" with the Albert Cuypmarkt, the Sarphatipark and many bars, restaurants and stores borders directly on your pier.
We recommend this accommodation especially because of the great canal view. Staying on a houseboat in Amsterdam is just super romantic.
Ruysdaelkade 216, 1072 AW Amsterdam
Show on map
Modern and Cozy Houseboat in the City Center
And another houseboat. This time the large version for families and friends. The special thing about this boat is the central and yet quiet location, directly on one of the canals in the center.
Fantastic view of the Nieuwe Prinsengracht canal
You live just a few steps away from the Old Town and the historic canal belt - but as soon as you enter your houseboat, you can enjoy the tranquility of your private apartment on the canal. Almost unbelievable that this is possible in a big city like Amsterdam.
Enjoy the Amsterdam waterfront lifestyle
The modern and practically equipped boat offers many extras in addition to the magnificent location:
- Terrace with beautiful view of the canal
- Internet access (WLAN)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dining area for four people
- Washing machine and dryer
- And much more...
The owner offers his guests a friendly welcome and is always available for questions and tips. This unique houseboat is perfect for a stay with the whole family or a group of friends. Since this boat is very popular and quickly booked up, you should book well in advance.
Onbekendegracht, 1018 EM Amsterdam
Show on map
Large Ground Floor Apartment in Jordaan Neighborhood
Relaxed atmosphere and beautiful canals - in the Jordaan district you can experience the real Amsterdam. This spacious apartment offers a temporary home in one of the most beautiful parts of the canal city.
Quiet and spacious Apartment in the Jordaan district
With a generous 110 square meters, this apartment is just the right size for families or groups of up to 5 people. The 18th century building is located in a quiet side street and offers a beautiful view of the alleys of the Jordaan district.
Comfortable terrace and 3 bikes included
A fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, a freshly renovated bathroom and many other amenities make this apartment the perfect choice for self-catering.
From your front door you walk only a few steps to the right, to the famous Prinsengracht. There you can simply stroll along and enjoy the classic beauty of the Old Town.
If you walk in the other direction, you can explore the many stylish stores and cafes of the Nine Streets (Negen Straatjes). In the surrounding area you will find supermarkets and everything else you need to survive. Please note that the minimum stay for this apartment is two days.
Anjeliersstraat, 1015 ND Amsterdam
Show on map
How to Book Apartments at Low Prices - Our Tips
What do I have to consider regarding the location and what minimum equipment is required? Our team has compiled practical tips for you, with which you are guaranteed to find the perfect vacation home for you and your crew.
Almost like home - Well equipped apartment at the Prinsengracht
Apartments are especially attractive for families with children, couples with or without pets and for small groups. Because you can cook your own meals there, vacation apartments are a cheap alternative to hotels.
- Amsterdam vacation rentals prices - Generally, the more people, the cheaper. Divide the price per night by the number of people. Do not forget the price for the final cleaning. It is almost always charged separately. Depending on the size of the apartment, the cleaning costs between $50 and $150.
- The location is crucial - The closer to the center, the more expensive. Amsterdam has a super metro network and great bike paths. So rather stay a little outside and invest the money saved in a nicer apartment. Our tips for this: the Jordaan, the area around the Rijksmuseum (Museum Quarter) or the trendy neighborhood De Pijp.
- Minimum facilities - Hairdryer, dishwasher and corkscrew. For us, this is perfectly adequate. In private apartments you should not expect too much. Apartments with dishwasher are usually a bit more expensive. Especially cool: If bicycles are available for free use.
- Vacation rental with children - Here, safety comes first. If you have a baby with you, you should make sure that there are no freely accessible stairs. Baby chair and baby crib are almost always available on request.
- Customer reviews and cleanliness - Overall, the standard in Amsterdam is very high. Unfortunately, there are also black sheep here, read the reviews on various portals. If there are no reviews at all, you should be careful.
- Access to the public transport system - Make sure that there is a metro or city bus stop near your accommodation. Usually, the distance to the nearest stop is written in the description of the apartment.
- Observe maximum number of persons - Ok. It's tempting to let a buddy sleep on the couch for free. But we strongly discourage accommodating more people than are allowed for the apartment. You may think landlords don't notice, but most pay very close attention.
- Watch out for shopping opportunities in the surrounding area - Don't worry: with most apartments, that shouldn't be a problem. Amsterdam has supermarkets and specialty stores on every corner - a paradise for foodies.
- Private vacation rentals - Charming and cheap - Private apartments are comfortably furnished and are usually also used by the landlords. When the owners are not there, they rent out their apartment through websites like FeWo-diret.
- Apart-Hotel and Boarding House - A vacation apartment with service like in a hotel - a great mixture. Serviced apartments are usually a bit more comfortable and better equipped. At our partner booking.com you can find an overview with nice Apart-Hotels in Amsterdam.
Of course, we only present apartments that we can recommend without hesitation and would also book ourselves. If you are only traveling to Amsterdam to party with friends, you can of course book something cheaper.
Tip - Exceptional vacation rentals from FeWo-direkt
Over 60 houseboats and more than 1,750 vacation rentals near Amsterdam. At FeWo-direkt you will find the perfect accommodation for an unforgettable stay with family and friends.
Our conclusion: vacation apartments are a great way to enjoy the city life like a local - so your city trip will be something special. In the next part you will find our map. There we have marked all houseboats and apartments for you.
Map - Vacation Rentals in Amsterdam
Beautiful views, good shopping and a metro stop right outside the door - location matters. That's why we've marked our favorite vacation rentals and apartment hotels in Amsterdam on our map.
Map - Holiday apartments in Amsterdam - Press to activate
Touch a link to go directly to the description of the apartment:
- Canal Suite Apartment: This cute apartment for 2 people is located on the river Amstel, right in the city center. More ...
- Cityden Rijksmuseum: Spacious apartments with terrace, balcony or garden in the popular museum district. More ...
- Houseboat for 2 persons: Good facilities and fair price in the adorable trendy neighborhood "De Pijp". More ...
- Large houseboat for 4 people: Comfortable and modern interior - just a few steps from the old town. More ...
- Apartment with 110 square meters in the Jordaan: Vacation apartment for up to 5 people in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods of Amsterdam. More ...
That was our big overview about vacation rentals in Amsterdam. Do you have any questions or tips for other Amsterdam fans? Then write us a comment.